The Feature Script Competition 2021 is now open for submissions.
There is an administration and reading fee of £60. The Final Deadline is 28 January 2022.
Unlike other script competitions UKFF doesn’t just give awards or money as a prize but aims to get their winning scripts into production. In fact, we are well known for successfully connecting scriptwriters to the film industry and getting the films made. With 6 of our winners’ scripts made in to films (2 of which went on to win Crystal Bears at the Berlin Film Festival); There is one in post-production, one in preproduction; and a further 4 optioned – our record speaks for itself.
As last year’s Feature Script winner Joadie Jurgova says –
“Entering The UK Film Festival’s screenplay competition was the best chance I have ever taken. It took my script and breathed new life into it, attaching an award-winning director and placing it with a prestigious international production company in less than a year. The support since winning has been phenomenal, respectful and generous. If you are looking for a script competition that you can place your trust in, this is it.“
Joadie Jurgova (2018 winner – The Canadian)
We continue to place scripts with well-known production companies. Last year’s winner, THE CANADIAN by Joadie Jurgova (quoted above) is now in pre-production with the producers of RUSH, Egoli Tossell with a twice Berlinale winning director, Petros Silvestros.
Winners will receive immediate marketing to the industry, winner’s laurels and the associated publicity. Winners and runners up in each category will also receive the latest version of Final Draft 11 (value $250) as well as a free script listing and placement on InkTip. Producers have made more than 400 films from scripts and writers they found through InkTip.
To enter please submit the following…
- The Script
- You may also send (but this is not obligatory) any Treatment /Outline you wish to include for example – a brief synopsis and a more expanded breakdown of Acts and Scenes or story events; the world of the story; and the major character profiles but only up to 6 pages in total.
Our preferred submission method is via FilmFreeway. If you are having difficulty submitting, email email@example.com
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further clarification or to discuss email options.
There is an administration and reading fee of £60.
The closing date for submissions is 28 January 2022 but is earlier (October 2021) on our UK Film Festival London Filmfreeway site which is mainly for film submission but also has a script competition submission category. It is best to submit to the Script Competition site. Please use the Filmfreeway link above.
Terms & Conditions:
- All entries should be in English.
- If submitted online (i.e. through filmfreeway.com or by email) the file should be named as the title of your film.
- All scripts must be original screenplays, for which the applicant(s) holds the copyright. Where the screenplay is based on another piece of work it is the responsibility of the screenplay writer to obtain written permission/copyright clearances from the original author or publisher.
- The judges reserve the right not to enter into any correspondence after the announcement of the winner.
For further details about email submissions or other online submissions and payments please email email@example.com
Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to all the scriptwriters who submitted to last year’s competition. The standard was incredibly high and as always choosing the winner led to long committee debates. We look forward to the next set of entries in the 2021 Feature Script Competition.